Assistant Director, International Professional Learning
Job ID: VC20172009-85775
Assistant Director, International Professional Learning POSITION SUMMARY
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Assistant Director, International Professional Learning. S/he will oversee the planning and delivery of Advanced Placement (AP) and pre-AP professional learning events in locations outside the 50 U.S. states and DC. The role will primarily ensure the successful execution of face-to-face workshops for AP and pre-AP teachers, Coordinators, and Administrators; including liaising with Market Managers for site selection, and overseeing all logistics and extensions to virtual environments where appropriate. The Assistant Director will also work with internal stakeholders to establish processes to appropriately scale event delivery worldwide.
This position is based in New York City.
- Set multi-year professional learning calendars and master schedules, as well as facilitate event logistics for AP and pre-AP professional learning events outside the 50 states and DC.
- Manage all consultants, faculty, and other presenters for events referenced above, as well as steward PL inquiry channels.
- Work with external vendors and partners in the delivery of face-to-face professional learning events.
- Propose recommendations for delivering international professional learning event at scale. Make proactive recommendations on event locales and subject offerings and potential online extensions based on a combination of P&L, International market strategy, and data.
- Ensure fidelity of international events to other enterprise Professional Learning events and processes, working closely with the Advanced Placement Professional Development unit.
- Collaborate with the AP Professional Development unit to ensure alignment with enterprise-level policies and frameworks for delivering AP and Pre-AP PD.
- Responsible for managing and tracking event P&Ls, including financials such as vendor and attendee payments.
- Oversee all aspects pertaining to registration of events outside the U.S., working closely with the event customer service team to help address constituent concerns as needed.
- Coordinate with the Director, International Marketing on the development of promotional campaigns for all international Professional Learning opportunities.
Bachelor's degree required.
- Between 3 or more years of directly-related, progressively responsible work experience in a professional position in education or related field.
- Previous international experience is highly desirable.
Related Skills and Other Requirements:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; Excellent cross-cultural and human relations skills; Ability to work independently, take initiatives, consult across the organization, and function effectively in a team environment; Ability to adapt to changes; Ability to coordinate multiple responsibilities effectively; Attention to details.
- Comprehensive, integrated knowledge of AP, SAT, PSAT/NMSQT and other College Board programs; Strong verbal and written communication skills; Strong customer service orientation.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications, Access, Excel, and basic database management
- Willingness and ability to travel is a must.
College Board Benefits
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board's in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers.
The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Desired Travel 25% - 50%
Areas of Expertise Project Management, Training, Marketing, Event Management
Highest Level of Education Master's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location United States (US)
Years of Relevant Experience 2-3
Language: English and Chinese
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/nn6ywn3yhg4hbvm4