MPI NENY recognizes and rewards it's members on both a Monthly and Yearly basis
Nominations are now being submitted for the 2012-2013 Annual Awards, and will be presented at the Annual Awards Celebration on June 12th at the Hilton Albany in downtown.
Nominations are due by May 23, 2013
A “Chapter Star” will be awarded during any month where a chapter member has demonstrated dedication to the growth and development of the Northeastern New York Chapter. Members of the Board of Directors are not eligible themselves and they nominate candidates for the “Star of the Month”. Winners are awarded based on a board vote once per month, with the exception of the month of June.
The winner will be notified by the VP of Membership of the date of the award presentation and may be asked to submit a photo and/or written personal profile that can be posted to our website.
Recipients of the “Star of the Month” award will receive…
- “Star of the Month” award presented at an upcoming chapter program
- Announcement in the electronic newsletter highlighting the “Star of the Month”
- One complimentary entry to an upcoming MPI NENY Education program
- “Star of Month” notice on the chapter website
A “Star of the Year” will be awarded at the Annual Membership Meeting in June. The winners of the “Star of the Month” will automatically become eligible for the “Star of the Year” award. The “Star of the Year” will be chosen by the Awards Committee and will receive a “SPECIAL PRIZE” in appreciation of their hard work and dedication to the chapter.
Recipients of the “Star of the Year” award will receive…
- “Star of the Year” Award presented at the annual membership meeting in June
- A notice in the electronic newsletter highlighting the “Star of the Year”
- “Star of the Year” announcement on the chapter website
- “SPECIAL PRIZE” presented at the annual membership meeting in June
- TBA - May 2013
- TBA - April 2013
- Trina Avalos, CMP - March 2013
- Debra McDermott - February 2013
- Christine King, CMP - January 2013
- The Century House - November 2012
- Kati Kenyon, CMP - October 2012
- Cindy Sullivan, CMP - September 2012
MPI NENY Annual Awards
Professional Excellence in the meeting Industry: This award is presented to a member in recognition of outstanding association/industry contributions, leadership and professionalism. The award is based on both international and chapter participation, presentations relating to the industry in general, articles written in the hospitality industry press, community service and industry recognition previously received.*Eligibility: MPINENY service, industry contributions, community service and professional/career advancement.
Making a Difference Award: This award recognizes a member doing something that makes a difference for their organization or their community. With today’s current economy and world wide tragedies, this award recognizes an individual who is making an impact whether socially or economically.
*Eligibility: Chapter member in good standing who has made a difference in their organization or community.
President's Award: The outgoing President selects a recipient of a special award aptly named the President’s award, at his/her discretion. This can be to recognize a member for their volunteer efforts, or have made a contribution to awareness, professionalism & growth of the meeting industry.
*Eligibility: MPINENY service, industry contributions, community service
Star of the Year: The Awards Committee will select a Star of the Year from the winners of the Star of the Month. This member will have shown dedication to the growth and development of the MPINENY chapter.
*Eligibility: Previous recipient of Star of the Month Award
Previous Award Winners:
Annual Awards 2012:
- Trina Avalos, CMP - Professional Excellence in the Meeting Industry- Planner
- Carrie Hillenbrandt, CMP - Professional Excellence in the Meeting Industry- Supplier
- Leslie Miller - Making a Difference
- Linda Persico, CMP - President's Award
- Brigitte Connors - Star of the Year
Annual Awards 2011:
- Donna Johnson, CMP, CMM - Professional Excellence in the Meeting Industry- Planner
- Sylvia Daigle - Professional Excellence in the Meeting Industry- Supplier
- Laura Petrovic - Making a Difference
- Jack Roddy - President's Award
- Kim Partridge, CMP - Star of the Year
Annual Awards 2010:
- Eric DeYoung - Professional Excellence in the Meeting Industry
- Deborah Goedeke - Making a Difference
- Heidi Longton, CMP, CMM - President's Award
- Tracey Caponera - Star of the Year
Annual Awards 2009:
- Vaness LaClair, CMP - Planner of the Year
- Cindy Sullivan, CMP - Supplier of the Year
Annual Awards 2008:
- Linda Nelson, CMP - Planner of the Year
- Tracey Caponera - Supplier of the Year