Why Join MPI? Joining MPI Will Elevate Your Career
What is meeting professionals international? MPI is the Global Community of Meeting Professionals.
Valuable connections to relevant people, resources, and opportunities
Building an inspired, global meeting and events industry community is the vision of Meeting Professionals International (MPI). Our mission is to help our members be their best by building human connections to knowledge, ideas, relationships, and marketplaces. For 24,000+ meeting and event professionals in over 80 countries, MPI is the inspired, global community that accelerates their personal growth.
- Fostering professional development to advance member's careers
- Influencing the development of the professional meetings and events management industry
- Increasing business opportunities in the marketplace of buyers and suppliers
- Building the community's future through inclusion of students and facility
- Join MPI and increase your value through strategic resources for career and leadership development, networking at local chapters worldwide, and educational conferences ... regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Membership in MPI will entitle you to member values that non-members don't get.
International member benefits:
- Professional Development and Education
- Subscription to One+
- Unlimited use of MPI's Membership Directory
- A personal page on MPI's website, www.mpiweb.org
- Early access to industry research and trends
- Discounted educational resources
- Career resources for growing, connecting and succeeding
Chapter member benefits:
- Chapter Membership in MPI NENY - our local education & networking community
- Chapter website, www.mpineny.org
- Professional Development and Education
- Monthly Chapter newsletter
- CMP Certification and Study Group
- Membership Directory
- Networking opportunities
- Career resources for growing, connecting and succeeding including a online job board
- Leadership opportunities
- Professional Recognition
Lifetime of Education
- Whether you have three or 30 years experience, you can look to MPI for a lifetime of content-rich adult learning. Many offerings focus on Business Skills for Life, core competencies such as meetings financial management, marketing and logistics and leadership development, to the value that meeting and event professionals bring to their organizations.
- Chapter Events – Get the local perspective on issues and opportunities, and access education and business networking at the grassroots level.
- MeetDifferent (formerly Professional Education Conference-North America) – Focus on your personal and professional development at this winter conference, featuring the PEC Expo marketplace.
- World Education Congress (WEC) – This convention has an extensive group of educational programs focused on global industry trends and best practices, plus much more. The MeetingPlace exhibition showcases exhibitors and services from around the world.
- Institutes – Learn the latest in meeting management with these residential immersion courses in a resort-retreat setting.
- Global Certification in Meeting Management (CMM) – This certification is focused on strategic thinking and executive management skills for meeting professionals with 10+ years experience.
MPI has a wealth of global resources available to you. MPI has members throughout the world available to do business with you, assist in local market research, and help you do business effectively and efficiently.Communications and Programs
As an added value, you will receive a variety of communications to stay connected to the international meeting industry:
- One+ – MPI’s award-winning monthly magazine features comprehensive coverage of MPI members, chapters and the industry.
- MPIWeb (www.mpiweb.org) – MPIWeb provides breaking news, research, career resource information, conference registration, chapter tools, online forums and more to your workplace.
- Community NetNews – Weekly e-newsletter delivering quick-read association and industry updates.
- FutureWatch – Annual report on trends and business projections from planners and suppliers.
- MPI Store – Online bookstore stocked with resources to assist in your professional and personal growth.
- MPI Foundation – The MPI Foundation focuses on research, program development and tools to prepare meeting professionals for the future
Enhance Your Value. Maximize Your Potential
It's not just WHO you know in the meeting industry. It's WHAT you know. By joining the industry's premier educational, technological and peer interaction resource, you'll stay on the cutting edge of today's constantly changing and challenging meeting environment. Meeting Professionals International (MPI) provides more ways than ever to enhance your professional development and the ability to be cost conscious through:
- Superior educational programming
- Timely topical information
- Extensive resources
- Peer interaction
Whether you are new to the meetings and events industry or are a seasoned professional, we offer a wide variety of educational, networking and business growth opportunities. If you are looking to enhance your career in our industry and want to network with some of the leading meeting professionals in the U.S., then you have come to the right place. Join us at one of our next chapter events to see how you can take your career to new heights. Download the MPI International Fact Sheet.