Membership Types & Dues
Planners: Annual dues are $375.00 (includes a $50.00 administration fee), and are generally tax-deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. To join MPI connect to the MPI International website.
Suppliers: Annual dues are $500.00 (includes a $50.00 administration fee), and are generally tax-deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. To join MPI connect to the MPI International website.
Download the PDF version of the Membership Application here.
Thinking of Joining? or Is it time to Renew your Membership?
Click here for Current Discounts & Promotions
- Corporate/Association/Non-Profit/Government Meeting Professionals:Planner membership is available to those individuals primarily engaged in planning and managing meetings. Planner applicants may join MPI without a supplier match.
- Corporate Meeting Professional – a person who is primarily employed by a corporation to plan and/or oversee the strategic and financial management and/or logistics of that corporation’s meetings.
- Association/Non-Profit Meeting Professional – a person who is primarily employed by an association or not-for-profit organization to plan and/or oversee the strategic and financial management and/or logistics of that organization’s meetings. This category also includes private universities.
- Government Meeting Professional – a person who is employed by a government agency or public university to plan and/or oversee the strategic and financial management and/or logistics of that government’s meetings.
- Supplier Meeting Professionals -A Supplier Meeting Professional is a person who provides and/or sells products and services to the meetings industry, such as a destination management, hotelier, audio-visual, florist, transportation, production or convention and visitors bureau company. This classification of membership is not limited to the groups listed. Supplier membership is available to those individuals primarily engaged in supplying goods and services to the meeting industry.
- Meeting Management Professionals -A Meeting Management Professional is a person who provides meeting services including strategic and financial management and/or professional meetings management services to multiple clients. The applicant must specify whether their job responsibilities are primarily planning or supplying based on where they spend 51% or more of their time. Supplier or Planner memberships are available to those individuals primarily who are the sole proprietor of, or are employed or engaged by, a meeting management company.
Alternative Membership Types
- Student Membership - Student memberships are available to full-time students of colleges, universities and other educational institutions as well as part-time students working toward a degree, with emphasis in the meetings, hospitality, events or tourism industries. Applicant must be enrolled in a post-secondary academic program with emphasis in the meetings, hospitality, events or tourism industries. MPI offers a unique MPI Student Community. An applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) semester credit hours or equivalent quarter credit hours either undergraduate or graduate programs unless the academic institution defines it otherwise
- Submit to MPI, with this completed application, proof of enrollment in academic courses prior to membership acceptance. (Proof of enrollment may be a current semester transcript or courses/credit hours defined on school letterhead and signature of authorized school representative.Annual dues are $40 US. To print out a student membership form, click here.
- Faculty Membership -A faculty membership is available to those employed as faculty in post-secondary academic programs related to the meetings, hospitality, events or tourism industries. The individual’s main employment, remuneration, direction and efforts must be in a recognized academic institution and they must be considered an employee of their institution. Annual dues are $195 US. To print out a faculty membership form, click here.
- Applicant’s primary employment, remuneration, direction and efforts must be in a recognized academic institution;
- Applicant must be considered an employee within their institution;
- Applicant must submit proof of academic employment with this application AND MUST provide proof on an annual basis to retain their faculty membership. (Proof of academic employment should be on employer’s letterhead and include validation of employment, courses and signature of departmental head);
- Guest lecturers are NOT eligible for faculty membership.
- Affiliate Member -Becoming an affiliate member of MPI-NENY is easy. We offer affiliate memberships to any current MPI member in good standing with any other MPI chapter. 2013 Affiliate Member Directory Fees are $75.00 per year. To apply online - Click Here
NOTE: MPI membership belongs to the individual supplier or planner who originally joins the association, even if the employer paid for it. If the employer pays for the membership and the member leaves their organization, the employer is eligible to receive a trial three-month "limited membership". After the three-month trial, the member is expected to pay full annual dues and find a planner match (if a supplier) to continue the membership. Please call Member Services at 972-702-3053 for details about the Membership Transfer Policy.Member dues are non-refundable and are due annually on the anniversary date of acceptance. Dues quoted are subject to change. Annual membership includes a $99 USD annual subscription to One+ magazine. Approximately 18% dues are rebated to local chapters for membership support and education.